Without a bicycle, travel in Iran is pretty much same same as elsewhere in the world, which is why i have been a little bit lax in updating this blog. In short, there is very little to report. I could, of course, go into the more mundane aspects of my life over the passed week which has consisted mostly of wandering round various cities trying (but failing) to spend as little money as possible, but not only can I not really be bothered to do so, I don't want to bore you.
In short:
-Applied for (and very easily got) 30 day extension for Iran. Cost: IR100,000 (about 8 euro).
-Bus to Esfahan for a tearful reunion with Sicander (the name i have now christened my bike; but due to a lack of champagne, I merely danced naked round it 3 times whilst waving a burning branch).
-A thorough washing off of the small amount of rust on my beautiful steed.
-Wandering the bazaars of Esfahan.
-Pitching up (twice) to the mosque described by some as: "the most beautiful building ever constructed by man", only to find it has just closed (twice) - the photo to right is merely the door to the mosque.
But now it is all to change...slightly.
Yes, after more than a month of overeating and underexercising I am once more climbing into (or onto) the saddle. But, true to my current form, it is only a measly 95km I plan to cycle to a house in small town where cyclists are offered free accommodation in return for speaking english with the owner. I aim to spend a couple of days there before a short bus down to the city of Yazd where I will sejourn for five days before finally, finally, finally attempting to venture north.
Drinking tea, reading the paper; I could be back home!
A mosque in Immam Square (2nd largest square in the world after that one I can't spell: Tianneman [?!])
Old building down an old lane
2 comments:
If you are a bit bored by Iran you could always, I don't know, reply to your emails?
Hey Man, glad you christened your bike loving the name and the ritual-Teggin
Post a Comment